Department of Health, Division of Family Health Services  


    Division of Family Health Services

    Request for Public Comments on Florida’s WIC Program

    The WIC Program (the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) is soliciting comments and suggestions about its program and how service delivery can be improved to better meet the clients’ needs. WIC is federally funded by the United States Department of Agriculture, and serves low- and moderate-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women; infants; and children up to age 5. The program provides a combination of nutritious foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care. WIC is available in all 67 counties in Florida. If you have any comments or suggestions, please direct them to Karen Martinez, Department of Health, WIC Program Services, BIN #A-16, 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1726 or by fax: (850)922-3936. Your feedback is essential and is appreciated by July 5, 2019

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 1(800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 1(866)632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Center for Civil Rights Enforcement, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202)690-7442; or (3) email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Document Information