RULE NO.:RULE TITLE:
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The purpose of the amendment is delete unnecessary definitions.
SUMMARY: Delete definitions.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS AND LEGISLATIVE RATIFICATION:
The Agency has determined that this will not have an adverse impact on small business or likely increase directly or indirectly regulatory costs in excess of $200,000 in the aggregate within one year after the implementation of the rule. A SERC has not been prepared by the Agency.
The Agency has determined that the proposed rule is not expected to require legislative ratification based on the statement of estimated regulatory costs or if no SERC is required, the information expressly relied upon and described herein: During discussion of the economic impact of this rule at its Commission meeting, the Commission, based upon the expertise and experience of its members, determined that a Statement of Estimated Regulatory Costs (SERC) was not necessary and that the rule will not require ratification by the Legislature. No person or interested party submitted additional information regarding the economic impact at that time.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
RULEMAKING AUTHORITY: 548.003 FS
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 548.017, 548.021, 548.06 FS
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN THE FAR.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Paul Waters, Executive Director, Florida State Boxing Commission, 2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1016 or telephone (850)488-8500.
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
The definitions contained in Section 548.002, F.S., apply equally herein unless expressly indicated otherwise. As used in the rules adopted by the commission the term:
(1) “Announcer” means an individual who has the authority to make all announcements during a pugilistic event.
(2) “Bonafide nonprofit school or education program”, for the purposes of Section 548.007, F.S., means a non-profit organization granted 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service. The school or education program must be at a fixed physical address in a physical building with standard hours of operation and standard instructional courses in boxing or kickboxing, and/or martial arts.
(3) “Booking Agent” means an individual who engages in participant or management company activities for pugilistic performances.
(2)(4) “Commission Official” means an individual who is designated by the commission to represent the commission in an official capacity for specific purposes. Commission Officials include event coordinators, timekeepers, chief inspectors, and inspectors.
(3)(5) through (9)(11) No change.
(12) “Matches held in conjunction with instruction”, for the purposes of Section 548.007, F.S., means a practice bout or sparring session used to display skills obtained from instruction in the techniques used in boxing, kickboxing, and/or martial arts. The instruction is received both prior to the match as well as during the match from trainers and/or the referee. The matches shall be between two students of the school. The term “matches held in conjunction with instruction” does not mean matches that have any of the following:
(a) The use of a third party promoter;
(b) Advertising of the match;
(c) Sales of tickets to the general public to attend the match;
(d) The use of judges;
(f) Time constraints, including numbers of rounds required;
(g) Sponsors for the matches.
(13) “Purchasing Agent” means an individual employed by or designated by the commission as responsible for purchasing materials, supplies, equipment, and other articles for the commission.
(10)(14) through (13)(17) No change.
(18) “Student of the school or instructional program”, for the purposes of Section 548.007, F.S., means the student/amateur who receives instruction at the physical address of the school, in boxing, kickboxing, and/or martial arts, by instructors employed by the school qualifying for exemption under Section 548.007(1), F.S.
(14)(19) “Timekeeper” means an individual who is assigned the duties to maintain the time for each round during a pugilistic event.
(15)(20) “Trainer” means an individual who prepares the participant for the match in which he or she is to engage.
Rulemaking Authority 548.003 FS. Law Implemented 548.007, 548.017, 548.021, 548.06 FS. History–New 2-7-85, Formerly 7F-1.02, Amended 4-6-89, Formerly 7F-1.002, Amended 9-10-95, 11-20-95, 4-3-00, 6-1-04, 3-14-13, Formerly 61K1-1.002, Amended .
NAME OF PERSON ORIGINATING PROPOSED RULE: Florida State Boxing Commission
NAME OF AGENCY HEAD WHO APPROVED THE PROPOSED RULE: Florida State Boxing Commission
DATE PROPOSED RULE APPROVED BY AGENCY HEAD: February 3, 2017
DATE NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULE DEVELOPMENT PUBLISHED IN FAR: March 1, 2017
- Comments Open:
- Delete definitions.
- The purpose of the amendment is delete unnecessary definitions.
- Rulemaking Authority:
- 548.003 FS
- 548.017, 548.021, 548.06 FS
- Paul Waters, Executive Director, Florida State Boxing Commission, 2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1016 or telephone (850) 488-8500.
- Related Rules: (1)
- 61K1-3.0001. Definitions